Mince pies are a sure signal that Christmas is almost upon us. Each year, the characteristically Christmassy aroma of this favourite festive treat wafts through markets, cafés, and kitchens across the country. Whilst the pie itself is a classic that many would hesitate to tamper with, there are plenty of different ways to serve it up and cater to various tastes.
The smell of a batch of warm mince pies is more than most people can resist. Mince pies are most popularly enjoyed when warm, but offering the option to enjoy a cold pie with a cup of tea or coffee will ensure that everyone’s preferences are catered to.
Mince pies are quite acceptably served with all sorts of toppings. Some favourites include rum butter, vanilla ice cream, custard, and rum or brandy butter. It is also not uncommon for customers to enjoy their mince pies with single cream, double cream, whipped cream, or Greek yoghurt. Others enjoy cheeses, with Stilton being a classic choice.
A poll by Which? found that:
- 62% of people prefer their mince pies hot or warm
- 32% enjoy them with cream (double, single, whipped, or clotted)
- 24% like them cold
- 20% of people opt for rum or brandy butter
- 13% appreciate a pouring of custard
- 13% like their mince pies with a scoop of ice cream
- 5% choose Stilton or other cheeses
- 3% enjoy yoghurt with their pudding
Whatever tastes you have to cater to, it’s essential to get the main component right. Begin as you mean to go on and order your mince pies from Destiny Foods this Christmas.